Valuing Library Services Calculator
What is your library worth to your institution? How much would it cost to replace your library services on the retail market?
Calculate what it would cost to buy library services – at a book store, through pay per view for articles, from an information broker – if you and your library weren’t there.
* Select your state and your library type, enter annual library budget and the number of months of statistics you are using.
* Enter in the left hand column the number of times your library’s services are used for those months.
* Either use the estimated retail cost – not your library cost – provided for each service or change it to reflect your area or library. Click here to see how to determine the cost of your services.
* In the three bottom lines enter any other services or resources you would like to include in your calculation along with the number of uses and the retail value for each service or resource.
* As you enter data the retail value of each service will be calculated on the right and the return for every dollar spent will be displayed.
* The total value of your library services is shown at the bottom of the worksheet.