101 Ways to Promote a Blog
This was originally posted by David Turnbull who was a guest writer at Dailyblogtips.com. Below are the first 9 suggestions for promoting a blog followed by the other categories that David includes. (Read the original post)
Promoting a new blog can be quite daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. As you might expect, breaking down blog promotion into small, actionable tasks eliminates the mental road block you’ve probably experienced when trying to wrap you head around how to get people’s attention. You don’t have to do everything in this list, and some items will have a greater effect then others, but every tactic will at least drive some traffic, and any traffic is better than no traffic.
1. Write a list of over 100+ resources or ideas.
2. Write the definitive guide to something. Spend time making this awesome.
3. Release a manifesto.
4. Release 2 manifestos.
5. Interview cool people. People like talking about cool people.
6. After your articles are indexed in search engines, break them up into smaller articles and submit them to ezinearticles.com (and other article directories).
7. Or just pay someone to submit the articles for you.
8. Write a list of all the cool blogs and people in your niche.
9. Check out the most popular content on high trafficked blogs. Create similar content but applied to your own niche.
Other topics covered in David’s blog include: Facebook, Fundamentals of blogging, Online Video, Other Blogs, Paid (publicity, etc.), People (audience), Podcasting (sound), Search engine optimization, Social network use, plus resources to know such as StumbleUpon, Su.pr, Twitter, and WordPress.